Regent House Nursing Home is Coronavirus free
If you are looking for care for yourself or a loved one, we are now OPEN for you to come and visit face-to-face. Visitor protocols are in place to keep everyone safe. If you would like to arrange to see our home, please get in touch to book your appointment. The welfare, safety and happiness of residents, staff and visitors is our number one priority. In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, our additional stringent measures are constantly reviewed to ensure we continue to meet Government and Public Health guidance, for everyone’s safety and wellbeing, whilst continuing to offer a comfortable and happy place to live.
Infection Control and Cleaning
- Our staff are following guidance around social distancing, hand hygiene measures and wearing of the correct PPE.
- We have maintained a high stock level of PPE, cleaning and decontamination items throughout the pandemic and we continue to source to reduce the risk of any future shortages.
- We have been taking advantage of all available testing, ensuring staff have three weekly Covid-19 tests and residents are tested at least once a month.
- We have introduced protocols to support family visits (when these have been possible under Government guidance) are as safe and enjoyable as possible for all involved.
- We are not accepting Covid-positive admissions and ask all new residents to have a test prior to admission. All new admissions are cared for in their rooms for a minimum of 14 days to reduce the risk of new cases.
- We have invested in electronic thermometers to provide faster and more accurate temperature checks and a fogging machine to provide added layers of reassurance to residents and visitors.
- While essential visits from health professionals and people repairing important equipment are still going ahead, we have measures in place to limit the number of non-essential people coming into our Home. This includes a strong focus on reducing agency workers, ensuring our staff only work in one care home where possible and carrying out all non-essential visits using technology i.e. Microsoft Teams, Zoom or Skype.
- Our housekeeping teams are receiving additional support to deliver enhanced cleaning regimes using high quality cleaning products.